Leading by example... but SERIOUSLY, we say it because we are concerned for you ~ our client's & athlete's. We know what we have just done to your bodies and how it will affect you -- on a cellular level. Now it's your turn to execute what we have asked you to do... DRINK some water.. and you know why... we have explained it to you.
Now, here is some additional information for you to "chew on" -- DRINK UP!!
WATER is essential to good health because it:
- acts as a medium to support numerous metabolic reactions
- is the main component of blood, so it carries hormones, nutrients and other compounds to the body's cells
- moves metabolic waste products away from cells, for excretion from the body
- is the "solvent that assists the elimination of the soluble metabolic wastes by the kidney's, through the production of urine", and..
- ensures body temperature regulation
- muscle soreness
- joint pain
- foggy thinking / decrease in cognitive performance
- lack of energy
Some of you have heard me say.. "this muscle feels like raw hide".. how much water have you been drinking?? I always get a chuckle out of some who say.. I drink all day long!... hahahahah.. NO YOU DON"T! ( I know that some of you who know me can hear me laughing.. but it's true.. it happens)
If you would like to find out more information on this subject .. check out this website: www.h4hinitiative.com
How much water to drink?? ... that is the question: Multiply your weight by two-thirds to get the number of ounces of water you should consume each day. ( A 180 -pound person, for example .. should consume 120 ounces , or 3.75 quarts of water daily)
A little trick I use in the morning before my daily "cup of joe" is to drink a 6-8 oz glass of water... because we know what the coffee will do to us.. dehydrate us... balance it out!
It's also important to note that water rich food such as: fruits & vegetables contribute to your overall water intake.. and your dehydration level can be affected by;
- physical exertion
- general physical condition
Always & with the sparkly Glitter I move onto the day!!